Saturday, January 30, 2010

About Me

I am a woodworker in my early twenties who lives in Dothan, Al. I have many hobbies, woodworing being one of the most frequented ones. I also enjoy the following: sailing, backpacking, free diving, four-wheelers, computers, guitars.

My family is in the construction industry so I grew up working with my hands. My mother owns a truss manufacturing company where I worked during the summers from when I was 13-15. As soon as I coud drive, I started working the summers with my cousin who owns a construction company doing remodeling, decks, new construction and all sorts of things. I worked with him for about four summer between highschool and college then after college I started working on more of a full-time basis and I still do today.

I have also started my own construction company where I am buying and building rental property. I hope to go out on my own full time soon concentrating on rental property with some construction and remodeling in between.

I started woodworking around 2008 with just a shopsmith, skill saw, and drills. Soon I purchased more tools including my Grizzly cabinet saw, this is when things really changed and my level of craftmanship went up quite a bit. Now my tool collection has grown quite a bit as have my skills compared to when I first started.

This blog and my videos are my way of helping other people. I learned pretty my everything I know about woodworking from books or online and I figure there are alot of people just like me who are surfing the internet looking for instruction. So this is my way of giving back to other woodworkers.

I enjoy talking with other woodworker so feel free to contact me with any questions or comments, they are more than welcomed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trip,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your knowledge and skills. I came across one of your videos on you tube and had to check out your blog.
I told my husband I think you are the male version of me. I am passionate about all things creative and love learning new skills, mostly through reading and watching videos like yours. I also have a blog.
I have just started trying to learn woodworking and building so that I can build things for my house (tables and such). I asked for a kreg jig for my birthday last year in July and have finally learned how to use it. I'm trying to build some pull out drawers for the space beneath my kitchen sink.
Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the videos. I really appreciate the ones on how you have organized your shop.

Unknown said...

Great website Trip, thanks for sharing all your knowledge about woodworking. I am just breaking into this hobby and have found your projects interesting and informative. Keep up the good work!