Sunday, June 28, 2009

Working on my shop!

I have been putting in alot of effort improving my shop lately. I bought a shop vac that was on sale (50% off so it was $40) and cleaned up alot of sawdust that had been sitting in my woodworking shop for over a year.

I have been looking alot lately at power tools and shop equipment. I have decided to go ahead and start investing in some high quality tools that will serve me for a long time. I want some nice woodworking tools and I figure if I am going to buy some I may as well by some high quality stuff.

My first big purchase will probably be a hybrid or cabinet style table saw. I need a good table saw because the one I have now is my stepfather's and it was probably $120 dollars or something like that. It is a good saw but just not up to the amount of work I want to thow at it.

I am also looking at buying the Festool plunge saw kit with the guide rail for cutting plywood and the like. It is $500 but every review that I read, the people say that it was probably their best investment. Sounds like a good tool for me!

No comments: