Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I love my guitar.

Like a lot of people, I love music! My favorite music is country, and Merle Haggard is my favorite artist. He sings about the hard times in his life and his songs really have meaning too them.

I started playing guitar when I was about 14 and I enjoyed it then but I really wasn't very good. I have never taken lessons but I have had a few people show me a few things here and there, but most of what I have learned has been from the internet, what a great resource.

I love playing my resonator, and it is sitting beside my computer in it's stand as I type. I pic it up a few times nearly every day and play for a little while. I have certainly progressed since first days playing and I think I have above average skills.

I enjoy singing too, a karaoke bar is a great place to laugha and have fun. I mostly like to sing and play to myself in my room when no one is around. I will play for freinds and family but not if I am pressured or bragged about to much. I am definately nothing to bragg about so when people do (mostly my mother) it makes me uncomfortable and I think people are expecting more than I have to offer.

No comments: