Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sailing and Sailboats

Sailing is a big part of my life, it's my main hobby, it's what my website is based on, it's what I think about every day, it's how want to live for the rest of my life.

I am fairly new to sailing and sailboat though, I have only been around them for about four years now. I have learned alot in that short amount of time though.

When you own a sailboat, one thing that you have to always do is, maintenance. Performing maintenance on a sailboat is not something anyone can just do, there are alot of things that you need to learn before you go messing with a sailboat. This being true, if I want to get serious with the sailing thing I need to learn maintenance.

So in order to learn more about working on sailboats, I have gotten into buying older sailboats and restoring them and then selling them for a small profit. It's fun, a great learning experience and way to make a bit of extra cash.

The first sailboat I owned purchased for about three thousand dollars. It was in working condition but it wasn't perfect. I learned how to sail on it and fixed it up a bit and sold it and nearly doubled my money. Now, I have a sailboat that wasn't in sailing condition when I bought it, but it's a project. It needs alot more work than my first sailboat but that's partly the reason that I bought it. So that I would have to do the work and then I would learn the trade and become knowledgable on the subject so that I could apply that knowledge to larger and more expesive boats.

So, with the Lord willing, maybe I can make my mistakes on a small cheap sailboats so that I hopefully will not make large expensive mistakes are on a high dollar sailboat.

1 comment:

basketball said...

Woodworking guide offers anyone of any skill level the ability to build amazing projects. The guide is extra helpful because it offers more detailed explanations, videos and blueprints then your typical woodworker magazine.
16000 Woodworking Plans With Step-By-Step Details, Photos, Materials Lists And More!
https://bit.ly/16000plans_wood